- While interoperability is the end goal and work is well underway, what do we do with non-compliant
assets/systems that just won’t talk to one another?
- Pimping legacy assets with sensors and connectivity to get them communicating
- Write a whole load of excel macros and pipe these into cloud databases (let’s be honest, sometimes with old
systems this is the only way)
- What can be achieved with new line mashing and filtering when database and systems structures don’t conform
- How about micro-service infrastructure and APIs for connecting systems and assets in a matrix model when direct communication isn’t built in